Sunday 22 April 2012

My first Challenge!

I've never entered a challenge before so I thought I'd give it a go.  This card is for the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge "Birthday".  I've used the following Cheery Lynn Dies.   English Tea Party Doily and it's matching Angle Wing. The Small Lace Butterfly with the included Angel Wing.  Two great tatted borders Dancing Doily Lace Border and Queen Anne's Lace Border and the cute little tatted motif from the center of the Dainty Dutch Deco Frame .

I added a bit of my own tatting, the border at the bottom of the card and the motif in the center of my doily die flower and a few flowers and butterflies here and there.  For the tatting shuttle I used a clear stamp from Impressions Obsession Butterflies and Blossoms,  and the background was stamped with Heartfelt Creations Shabby Chic Lace.  For the birthday tag I wanted the look of a tatted edge on an old linen handkerchief  so I used some sticky back canvas.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! I am impressed with your own tatting!! Very pretty! Good luck and thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card!!! Good Luck and thank you for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your card Tracy, love the way the dies really come to life and they look like real lace. Just read that you have done your own tatting it looks just like the border die. Congrats on winning with your first card.

    ReplyDelete